Hey team Kane here! So I promise not to bore you with all the details but We've been working super hard on something and are really excited to share the news with you..
As of next month we'll be integrating software to our online store to allow you to track your Tree or Trees being planted through your very own personal dashboard which will show you on an interactive Globe the location of where your pledge is being made, the progress of it's completion and photos and details of the amazing positive impacts it will have on its surrounding environment, how cool is that?!
We will also being switching to ONE Tree being planted per Product purchased! So for example if you purchase three T-shirts your dashboard will show you the area where the Three Trees are planted and some awesome information of their Impact.
Check below an example of how your personal dashboard will look once your order is placed
REASONS WHY WE THINK IT'S IMPORTANT TO PLANT TREES AS A CLOTHING BRAND..
- While fossil fuels emit carbon when we burn them, trees absorb carbon to grow.
- Since humans started cutting them down, half of the world’s forests have disappeared.
- The world loses a football field of forest every 2 seconds.
- Direct annual benefits of (standing) forests clock in at $130 billion.
- The cost of deforestation is anywhere between $2-5 trillion annually if you include forests’ role in water provision, soil protection, carbon storage and climate regulation.
- A single mangrove tree can remove over 300 kg of CO2 from the atmosphere, assuming it grows for 25 years. That is roughly 12 kg of CO2 per year.
Check out an example below of the timeline you'll see when checking your dashboard..
Once again thanks a lot for taking the time to check out how we're progressing as a Sustainable Streetwear Brand! We think this is the perfect addition by giving us the ability to be as transparent as possible with our pledges that come with the products we sell. We can't wait to hear what you guys think about the dashboard and your experiences with it:)
(Launching July 1st)